my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Sunday, February 12, 2012

Star Wars 2nd time around

The same friend that request the Star Wars themed cake for her husband asked about another one for her son's birthday. I was really excited to try painting on fondant and wanted to give it a try for this cake.

I attempted a 3d painting of R2D2 and I really like the way it turned out. The only part of the cake that I was not pleased with was the icing covering the cake. I intended to have the cake covered completely in white fondant to have a smooth background, but I injured my elbow and couldn't even begin to roll out the fondant. The icing was last minute and was really quite

frustrating.

No comments: