my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Sunday, April 15, 2012

Parent & Tot

Shortly after I had my second son, I joined a group that met on Wednesdays called "Parent and Tot". Together with a friend of mine who had a couple of little ones the same ages as mine, we went every week across the street to meet with other moms and sometimes dads, and their little ones.

It was a life saver! A great spot to meet and talk, relax and compare, catch some sanity and grow as a parent. I met some wonderful women and made some great friends. Parent and Tot also had Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Friday groups, and it never cost a parent a dime. All they asked from us was a rotating schedule of crafts, stories and snacks.

It's been a year since I attended Parent and Tot, but I still keep in touch and recently one of the P&T organizers messaged me for a cake for a fundraiser. I was eager to help out. Had no idea what to make, but eager.


After a disaster attempt, this was my second cake (my husband is eating my first try). I made it in a Spring Theme - very suiting considering that it snowed today!!




No comments: