my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hockey

A co-worker at work asked me to make a cake for her husband's birthday. He is a huge Montreal Canadiens fan and his birthday co-incided with the beginning of the hockey season and the Leafs versus Montreal game.

Raised in a family where the Leafs were to be admired and the Canadiens were to be booed, this was a difficult cake to complete! LOL

After my husband gave me the idea of a table hockey theme, I ran with that and made hockey players out of cookies that I iced with royal icing. It was hard work and I quickly realized that I would not be able to complete all the players and keep the cake a smaller size, so I made fewer players.

As you can see it takes four Canadiens to play against only one Leafs goalie ;-)





No comments: