my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Saturday, November 24, 2012

for a great little boy

My neighbours (the good ones) asked me to make a cake for their little guy - super super cute Liam. He was turning three this weekend and he loves Toy Story. I did a search for cake ideas and the most common ones were beds. She picked one she liked and even though the characters in the picture were plastic toys, I wanted to try and make them out of fondant. They turned out pretty good, there was a mixup with the date so the bed headboard didn't get a chance to completely harden, but I'm still happy with the charaters. If I had more time, I would have made a Mr. Potato Head too.

I also wanted to try a chocolate cake with a fudge middle - not the hard sweet fudge, but the sweetened condensed milk fudge recipe. Since this was a party I was attending, I looked forward to finally tasting a cake I made. I wasn't disappointed - it really turned out quite tasty!




No comments: