my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Thursday, November 22, 2012

Halloween - ewwwwww - NOT!!

I get so excited over halloween - it's not so much about the holiday and what it may or not represent - I get so excited about the chance to be creative, to decorate and of course to bake!!

For the kids school parties I made them zombie hands sugar cookies. The icing on the hands were completely their idea. Adam wanted veins and Kyle wanted them green. I ran out of cookies, so the boys made monster cupcakes with eyeballs and black sugar. They were a hit at school - turning everyone's mouths black!



For work, our department went with a Corpse Bakery Theme and sold some gory baking. We had eyeball cupcakes, finger cookies, slimely brains and other body parts.

I made bloody cupcakes, Frankenstein brain cupcakes, severed fingers and toes, and cheesecake brains in skull goblets. I don't think I've had so much fun in baking!!






No comments: