my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cupcake Competition loser!

We had a cupcake competition at work for a great cause - United Way as part of our Public Service week. Unfortunately I was out of town for most of the week of activities and only returned Wednesday night when the cupcake event was going to take place on Friday.
 
I had an idea - I quickly thought of the Bakerella hamburger cupcakes that I had made for a previous birthday of Kyle's. I have them posted somewhere on this site. They were quick and I had made them before, so I knew I could bang them out Thursday night quickly. But when I checked a co-workers page on Thursday at work, she had posted almost identical cupcakes for her entry! LOL My brain was soooo stuck in a BBQ food type theme that I had difficulty finding alternatives, but I did find a couple ideas online and after supper on Thursday, I made these!
 
They were not the winner - my co-worker and friend did an amazing job on her entry and totally deserved the trophy! But let me tell you!! Now my creative juices are flowing for next year LOL Watch out Teresa!!
 

No comments: