my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

End of another School Year!

The end of another school year took place today and with it my oldest son's teacher retired after teaching her last class.

She was truly an amazing teacher. I think one of the few old school teachers who disciplined kids that misbehaved and demanded respect from her students. My son has HFA and he truly thrived in her class. He needs order and can't function in chaos - find me a grade in school that doesn't have chaos.

She taught him last year in Grade 3 and when we talked to her about Kyle, she truly listened and heard what we had to say. This year, when she had another split grade 3/4 class, she asked us if she could teach him again this year.

You have to love a teacher like that.

As a surprise, I wanted to do something different for her today, something that came from us.

So beside cupcakes for her class, I made her a cake :D


No comments: