my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Saturday, June 15, 2013

The girly world of Monster High!

Friends of mine asked me if I'd make their 10 year old daughter a Monster High themed cake for her birthday. Having 2 boys, I didn't know anything about Monster High so I had to do some serious searching online on the theme!

Good news was that the internet had no shortage of Monster High cakes, better news was that the birthday girl was very specific on her favorite character - Clawdeen.

After a search, Clawdeen Monster High themed birthday cake. It was a small group and I used 2 flavors for the cake - one on each side of the cake - which made it easy to apply a couple pattern ideas. What I didn't count on is that an argyle pattern does not nicely make when applied around round corners LOL I got a little confused and dizzy part way through!

In the end - I think it turned out nicely and the birthday girl and her parents were happy - which is what counts!!


No comments: