my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Thursday, June 24, 2010

one more time!

This time I made sure well in advance of the youngest's birthday that he had a chance to pick a cake and that I would NOT forget his birthday. Running with the food theme of his brother his ideas for a cake - in order - were:





1. a fish patty cake (individual cakes that looked like fish patties), I said no.





2. a cake that looked like a fish (no not a cute fish, a real dead fish), I said no.





3. a bunch of little cakes that looked like a tuna fish sandwich, I said no.





4. cupcakes








We settled on cupcakes. Now what kind of cupcakes I asked and the conversation then went





pirates - no





robots - no

dinosaurs - no

space - no





astronauts - no, mom, that's the same as space





hmmmmm, Ben 10?? YES!!!!





I found a bunch of really neat ideas, and settle on Ben 10's watch. These are the final product:



No comments: