my spot

I'm not by any means a professional, but I'm making an attempt to have some fun and my idea of fun is making cakes and decorating them, or painting canvas. I found a great website that is full of ideas and now I've started to try to make stuff for my friends and family. This is my little corner of the internet to post some pics of what I've done so far and those sites full of ideas for future things to do



Thursday, June 24, 2010

spagetti cake

When my oldest had his first real birthday party (with friends not just family) I asked him what he wanted for a cake. He wanted a trick cake. We scoured the internet for ideas and came across a Spagetti Cake.




This is the result.




The kids faces were the best part of the day when they thought they had just eaten a meal, and were getting another one for desert!

The hardest part of the cake was all the piping for the spagetti. The cake was also HUGE! I'll never make that mistake again.

No comments: